“Partner in the firm of Agassiz Wilson by 1796, by 1814 in his own name [Thomas Wilson] was elected as Tory MP for the City of London in 1818 and 1820 before standing down in 1826; he stood unsuccessfully for the same seat in 1835. He was elected to represent mercantile rather than Corporative interests”(pag.7). During his ownership the house had several modifications done, as the overhanging roof was replaced by an M roof and a complete second floor was opened.
The rear of the New Lansdowne lub until 1938
Click on image to enlarge and read more